Sunday, December 27, 2009

Honey Wheat Oatmeal Bread

This recipe comes from Taste of Home's Healthy Cooking magazine. It makes a 2 lb loaf.
Ingredients

1 1/4 c. warm water
1/2 c. honey
2 T. canola oil
1 1/2 t. salt
1 c. quick oats
1 1/2 c. bread flour
1 1/2 c. whole wheat flour
1 pkg (1/4 oz) active yeast (2 1/4 t.)

Directions

Place all ingredients in bread machine in order as suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread, crust color and size. Bake in machine. Check dough ball after 5 minutes--add water or flour as needed.
have made this bread in my machine several times. It is always yummy. However, my machine pan makes a funny shaped loaf and leaves a big hole where the paddle bakes in the bread. I'm still working on making the dough in my machine and baking the bread in two loaf pans in my oven. Thus far, my loaves haven't been high and fluffy like I want. I'll update this post if I get that part figured out!

Happy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment