Sunday, December 27, 2009

Ginger Crinkles

I received this recipe from a woman who worked with my mom. It makes a double batch, which is about 7 1/2 dozen according to my last baking day!
Ingredients

1 1/3 c. vegetable oil (I use canola)
2 c. sugar
2 eggs
8 T. molasses (not black strap)
4 c. sifted flour
4 t. baking soda
1 t. salt
2 t. cinnamon
2 t. ginger
sugar for dipping

Instructions

1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix oil and sugar. Add eggs and beat well. Stir in molasses.3. Sift together dry ingredients. Add to molasses mixture.4. Form into balls and roll in sugar.
5. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
I use a teaspoon scoop to make the balls. You just scoop and then plop them in sugar and flip over. I also bake them until just done. They stay moist and get gobbled up quickly!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment