Monday, December 28, 2009

German Chocolate Pound Cake

My grandmother, Margaret Oakley, gave me this recipe at my Pampered Bride shower in 2002, a few months before I got married.

I tried making this recipe once, when we were newlyweds. For some reason, my pan was too small and it overflowed all over my oven.

This time...no such thing happened and we ended up with a delicious chocolate cake!
Grandma notes on the back of the card "No frosting needed. It's already in the cake."

Ingredients

1 box (18 1/4 oz) German chocolate cake mix
1/4 c. vegetable oil (I use canola)
1 c. water
3 lg eggs
1 carton (15 oz) coconut pecan frosting

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 12 cup pan. In large bowl, mix cake mix, oil, water, and eggs. Mix on low speed about 1 minute. Scrape bottom of the bowl and beat on low speed for 2 minutes. Add frosting and beat on low for 2 minutes. Pour in pan and bake 55-60 minutes until cake taster inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Let cake cook in pan. Invert cool cake onto a plate and let cool thoroughly before slicing.

No comments:

Post a Comment