Saturday, September 19, 2009

Chicken Fajitas

I buy boneless, skinless chicken breast in bulk when it's on sale and then prepare the meat in a variety of recipes and freeze them. When it's time to decide what to eat for dinner, I have meals already half prepared and not just packages of frozen meat. It's my "sort of" freezer cooking method.

One of our favorite chicken recipes is this fajita marinade. I prepare the meat and freeze it, then when it's time to cook it, I made sure I have tortillas, cheese, sour cream, and salsa. We like to have tortillas chips, refried beans, Mexican rice, and/or a salad alongside these yummy fajitas.

INGREDIENTS

  • 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts (3-4 large breasts)
  • green pepper (I use 2)
  • onion (I use 2)
marinade:
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 cup Worchestshire sauce
  • 2 tablespoons dry mustard
  • 1 cup oil (any kind)
  • 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
  • 3/4 cup soy sauce
  • 1 teaspoon pepper
  • 1 teaspoon garlic
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons parsley

DIRECTIONS

Mix marinade ingredients together and pour in a ziploc bag. Add chicken, green pepper strips, and onion strips. Seal and double bag if freezing. This full recipe serves 6-8 adults, depending on appetite.
Last night I made 1/2 the recipe and fed 4 adults and 4 young children. Yum. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment